Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inspiration and Staying Positive




via pinterest

These are two things that I have been thinking about lately.  I love it when I am totally inspired to create something or to work on something.  It gives me a purpose and makes me happy.  When I am not inspired, I feel restless and at loose ends.  There are times when it's good to just relax and be but most times I need to feel some sort of pull towards something whether it be a book, a movie, a project etc.  I like having something to look forward to when I get home from work.  I think being inspired is directly linked to being positive and staying that way.  How can you not be in a positive mindspace if you are doing something you love?  I am a true believer in thinking positive and staying healthy.  Negative feelings eat away at a person and in my opinion if your mood is bad for a period of time, your immune system is suppressed and you are likely to feel the physical effects of negativity as well as the emotional.  That's why stress kills and depression hurts.  That's not to say that we won't ever have any negative feelings or that when a person does, they should ignore them.  I think that if you are feeling something, you should embrace it, deal with it and eventually move on.  Stuffing feelings down is never a good choice, however, obsessively ruminating over negative feelings is unhealthy.  I guess that's why I like my journal so much.  I can write things down and purge them from my mind when I'm feeling down and when I'm happy, I can keep the mood going and remember it by writing it down.  Works both ways.
Lately, I've taken to writing myself messages on my bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker.  It is one of the first things I see in the morning and it starts my day off on the right foot.  I know it might sound cheesy but it totally works.  I'm all about the person mantra.  Lately it's been "You are beautiful, your are loved, you are worthy."  Whether you believe it's true or not, after reading this every morning for a few days, a person begins to believe it.  It might be subconsiously at first, with a lightness in your heart but eventually you will actually come to believe these things.  I mean, why do so many people think they have to be a size two to be happy, worthwhile and important?  All of the ads they are assaulted with each day in the media is the clear answer to that!  So why not change what you see and hear each day to something more positive?  I truly believe that if we work on being positive, it will not only resonate in us but in others around us and that's catchy.  It could really make the world a better place to live.
So go out and get inspired and think positive! Let me know how it works for you.

No comments: