Friday, May 21, 2010

Good Mail Day!


I am so excited.  Today I received my first postcard since I started postcrossing again a few weeks ago.  It was a sweet little kitty card with lyrics on the back.  Too cool!  I also received a zine I ordered from Hanna  called Metta, all about art journaling.  I am so excited to read it.  Her blog is one of my daily reads and I'm always inspired to go make stuff.  Last but not least, I ordered a magazine called Underground Art School, after reading about it on Anna's blog.  It's the Spring 2009 issue called The Sketchbook issue.  I love Anna's style and she's featured in this issue.  If you want more inspiration to sketch daily, you should definately check out her blog.  I am trying to sketch more often, I don't feel that I am very good at it, so I tend not to do it.  However, like anything else, you have to practice in order to grow and get better so I am making it a goal to sketch a couple of times a week at least.  I have to blank Moleskines just waiting to be filled with bad drawings!  On that note, I am also excited by this announcement.  Something new to lust after!

I have also decided now that I am an official letter writer and sender that I should get a proper letter opener.  I will be on the lookout for anything cool.  Let me know if you see something you think I might like!
Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Nadine said...

you're on postcrossing too (:

would you like to do a direct trade?