Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nelson I heart you

My "little" brother lives in a town in Southern BC called Nelson.  It's a place like no other.  I love it there.  The people are laid back and the town moves at it's own pace.  My brother calls it Kootenay Time.  Sometimes you show up at a store and there's a sign saying be back in five.  Sometimes a store is supposed to open at 10:00am and it opens at 10:30 because someone went to get coffee.  It's all so surprising to me because my town is such the opposite.  The oil patch drives our economy and everyone wants everything done yesterday.  People here work all hours of the day and night and 70 hour work weeks are practically the norm, even in a recession. 

I've been thinking of my brother lately and wishing I could go and visit him and have a coffee at the Oso Negro Cafe and order a peanut butter ball with chocolate on top.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

Seany, I miss you.

No comments: