Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finally!!

I finished my introductory art journal pages for Rachel and Elsie's class, Tell Your Story.  I am so excited because the class actually starts tomorrow.  Yipeeee!!!  So here are my pages:


page 1- bookplate downloaded from Emily Martin of The Black Apple

page 2

If anyone has any tips on taking better pics of these, please leave me a comment.  I have a dslr and should be able to get a good shot but these feel a little out of focus even though I used a pre-set on my camera.  I had a bit of a hard time doing these pages.  Totally overthought them and it took me weeks to finally finish them.  I need to relax before the class starts or I`ll never get anything done!!!

4 comments:

PaperCameraScissor said...

Very cute! loving the green!! I can't wait for the class tomorrow.

Elaine said...

your pages are AWESOME! I love the little doll you have stamped on there! The colors are fantastic too!

<3

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

I love your pages! The Black Apple bookplate is an adorable idea.

I'm also finding it difficult to get good photos of my pages! It seems to work best if I use diffused natural light, and set my book somewhere that the entire page gets the same amount of light. Then I get above the pages, point my camera straight down, autofocus on the center of the page, and shoot (setting a manual white balance first, if necessary). I'm still not thrilled with my photos, but that's the best technique I've figured out. Good luck - please let me know if you discover any good tips!

Rhianne said...

these look amazing, how exciting that you took their class!