Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Of Pancakes and Women and other randomness...

I am pretty excited today because it's Fat Tuesday, meaning I get to eat pancakes for dinner tonight!  Yeah!!! And as if that weren't reason enough to celebrate, today is also International Women's Day.  It's good to be me!
On another note, I woke up this morning with covalent bonds on my mind.  What is a covalent bond, you ask?  I didn't know either so I googled it and came up with this:  A covalent bond is a form of chemical bonding that is characterized by the sharing of pairs of electrons between atoms, and other covalent bonds. In short, the stable balance of attractive and repulsive forces between atoms when they share electrons is known as covalent bonding. Wikipedia
This is what I call a brain leak, when my brain leaks out information that is no longer useful to me.  Apparently I am leaking Chem 12 these days.  Of course I had to look it up to make sure it wasn't something that I should be holding onto, however, I don't think Chem 12 will make or break my day. Does this ever happen to you or am I the only weirdo out there?
I also happened upon a quote that I quite like while browsing the interwebs today:
If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.
 ~Toni Morrison

I found it here.  You should really check out this girls flickr.  She's rad.


And because this wasn't already random enough, here's a photo I took in Ireland. My name on some random wall in Belfast.  That's how I roll.

No comments: