Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Art Journal Inspiration

I know that I have mentioned this art journal now more than once.  I swear it is not just a figment of my imagination.  I actually have the book, I just have not put anything in it yet.  Tonight is the night.  I promise.  And once I figure out how to scan things in colour on my photocopier, I will post some pics.
I have to say, I am a bit uneasy about keeping two journals.  I have my regular Moleskine for writing in.  I sometimes paste random things (ticket stubs, fruit stickers etc) into it but I have never had a full on art journal that is mostly visual, rather than written.  I think this will be a good thing for me.  I love to scrapbook and this seems like the perfect next step in being more creative. 

I am so inspired by these ladies:


images via polkadotrobot.com

This is a picture of one of Vivianna's pages.  She is running a class in March.  I am definately going to check it out.  I love her use of Japanese tape, magazine clippings and random scraps of paper.  Sometimes a picture can say more than words.



images via KillerKim's Flickr


I love the messy, creative, collage style of Kim's pages.  She's a very inspiring artist and crafter in general.  I love her pictures too. Check out her blog here.






images via alifeincupcakes.blogspot.com

The above are some shots of Elaine's art journal pages.  I love how she uses scrapbook elements with everyday stuff, like starbucks bags.  Her blog is full of inspiring, crafty posts.  She's supercool. 

So now that I am properly inspired.  Time to get out the paper, scissors and glue!

1 comment:

Elisa P. said...

nice inspo !!!I can't wait to start the class
I will put your blog in my blogline so thaht I don't miss anything